Creating better outcomes for your students sometimes means you have to challenge the odds. Academics and standardized assessments aren't the solution. You need to educate both their hearts and minds.
Strengthen your students' resilience, spark their curiosity for learning, and encourage future success in college, career, and life. Be the best teacher you can be and infuse social-emotional skills into your teaching of any subject.
In Teaching with the HEART in Mind, Dr. Lorea Martínez Pérez provides a comprehensive roadmap to understanding the psychology of emotions, relationships, and adversity in learning, while equipping you to teach SEL skills and develop social and emotional intelligence for yourself and your students. Full of practical techniques for educators of all subjects, this is your guide for transforming your classroom through essential SEL principles.
- How to create a safe, supportive school culture that encourages a positive educational mindset and better goal-setting.
- A three-step method to infuse HEART skills into lesson planning for every content area and grade level.
- A full scope and sequence by grade, along with critical indicators of mastery for each discipline in the HEART in Mind program.
- Strategies for teachers to develop their own social and emotional capacity for a more effective, resilient, and mindful teaching focus.
- Over 90 activities to implement SEL into your classroom-even virtually!
Empower your students to be their best selves. Get Teaching with the HEART in Mind today and plant the seeds for a more caring, equitable future through schooling infused with social-emotional learning!
About the Author
Dr. Lorea Martínez Pérez is the award-winning founder of HEART in Mind Consulting, a company dedicated to helping schools and organizations integrate Social Emotional Learning in their practices, products, and learning communities. An educator who has worked with children and adults internationally, Dr. Martínez is currently a faculty member at Columbia University Teachers College, educating aspiring principals in Emotional Intelligence. Previously, she was a special education teacher and administrator. Learn more at loreamartinez.com.