Spirituality is recognizing that we have the power to change the things in our lives that bring us pain. Whether it's simply a life in need of greater positivity or a life ravaged by addiction, each of us holds the key to initiating the healing process. Spirituality is recovery.
This is the essence of the message in Spirituality & Recovery: A Guide to Positive Living
by noted author and speaker Reverend Leo Booth, who has years of sobriety. In this third edition of a powerful and timeless classic, readers will learn that spirituality connects with creativity, bringing insights into how to live a authentic life. The drug addict who desperately wants to break from his dependency, the emotionally needy person who wants to stop craving the attention of others, the widow whose life feels empty and discontent, the young adult who feels guilty because of a detachment from religion--these are some of the countless people who will benefit from the journey taken in Spirituality & Recovery
With a broad spectrum of references from music, dance, theater, sexuality, relationships, nature, personal experiences--and yes, the Bible--Rev. Leo shows readers that while a person is often born into a religion, spirituality is an expression of self. He takes an unconventional approach to explaining religion in a more inclusive manner and talks about what it truly means to "walk on water." Spirituality & Recovery
affirms that you don't need to get
spirituality; instead, you discover it, because spirituality has already been given to us--all of us--at birth. Spirituality & Recovery
will show readers how to:
* Identify the difference between existing and living
* See the spiritual through the pain
* Recognize "moments" in your life when you can see and understand who you really are, turning a moment of suffering into an opportunity for growth and even joy
* Embrace the poetic concept that "walking on water" is something anyone can do
* Understand and live with something we all have-- two heads--a sick head and a healthy head
* Identify your "IC" --that certain something that turns someone who uses alcohol into a destructive "alcoholic"
* Surrender to live and find your miracle...a way to live with your pain, whether physical or psychological Spirituality & Recovery
serves as a much-needed guidebook to the topic of spirituality. Simple to read yet profound in its insights, Spirituality & Recovery
speaks to the many people throughout the world who do not practice a religion yet are spiritual in the way they live their lives and conduct their relationships.