An award-winning visual tour of the world of sound. Intriguing, informative, and endlessly fascinating, a book that makes visible that which we otherwise only hear and feel as vibrations: SOUND.
Award-winning authors and artists Romana Romanyshyn and Andriy Lesiv achieve a remarkable fusion of the scientific exploration of the phenomenon of sound with a philosophic reflection on its nature that will appeal to inquisitive children looking to learn more about science and nature. A stunning sequence of rich infographics provoke the reader to listen . . . learn . . . and think. Whether it's hearing noise, music, speech . . . or silence, no one will come away from these pages without experiencing sound with new ears and a fresh understanding.
- Stunning visual sophistication and compelling infographics will appeal to adults as well as children.
- A perfect book for educators to share with children interested in STEM topics
- A fascinating overlooked topic that will help children explore complex ideas about science and the natural world Translated into over 20 languages! Winner of the Bologna Ragazzi Award for best nonfiction book of the year. The award-winning, visually stunning Sound will appeal to young readers who enjoyed Animalium, Botanicum, Eye to Eye: How Animals See the World, and Human Body: A Visual Encyclopedia.
- Science books for kids ages 8-12
- Biology books for kids
- Human physiology books for kids The accessible, kid-friendly visuals throughout Sound help children to connect with STEM topics and learn surprising and interesting facts about one of our most important senses.
The husband and wife team Romana Romanyshyn and Andriy Lesiv, share an art studio, AGRAFKA, in Lviv, Ukraine. Sound
, together with its companion Sight
(coming Fall 2020) were the co-winners of the Bologna Ragazzi Award in 2018. Visit them at agrafkastudio.myportfolio.com.