Skippers Pass is a groundbreaking international collaboration between a team of award-winning film makers and experienced applied linguists and English-language teachers. This resource book contains photocopiable student pages in 28 lessons (4 units, 7 sections) as well as detailed teacher notes. and other photocopiable resources.
The lessons are designed for flexible use across skills-based lessons and can work in the classroom, in one-on-one, tutoring, or as a self-study resource.
The book accompanies of a 4-episode video drama (available free online), a student and classroom-appropriate ghost story about a hiker in the rugged landscape of New Zealand. When she accepts a mysterious woman's invitation to go to a swimming hole, her life becomes a nightmare. Can she ever escape?
Each of the four units (corresponding to a different episode), contains 7 lessons:
- Preview (activating schema)
- Language Preview (pre-teaching vocab)
- Language Focus (vocab, fixed expressions, and comprehension)
- Discussion (focus on themes and using the target language)
- Pragmatics (communication skills)
- Drama Activities (roleplays and other activities to practice communicating naturally)
- Writing (using language, themes, and communication goals raised in the unit)
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate