Help children develop healthy emotions with this 12-week plan.
Are you an educator or mental health professional searching for a powerful all-in-one program for helping kids regulate their emotions, cope with their feelings, and manage their anxiety? Then this book is for you
Inside this heartfelt, comprehensive guide, you'll join School Adjustment Counselor and Licensed Mental Health Counselor Casey O'Brien Martin as she reveals a powerful, practical framework to help children cope with their feelings and learn to thrive. Built on a selection of cognitive-behavioral techniques, breathing exercises, and mindfulness, as well as engaging activities including stretching, gratitude, visualization, and positive self-talk, Skills for Big Feelings seeks to empower kids to embrace their emotional growth over the course of a comprehensive 12-week plan.
With over a dozen activities including accepting mistakes, identifying support systems, acknowledging triggers and much more, this complete guide provides educators and mental health professionals alike with a detailed, objective-based framework for promoting optimal social-emotional health.
- A Complete 12-Week Guide Designed For Teaching Relaxation, Regulation, and Coping Techniques To Children Age 6-12
- Practical Tools and Advice For Clinicians and Educators, Including S.M.A.R.T. Treatment Plans and IEP Objectives, Family Handouts, Letters, and Surveys
- A Fun 28-Page Coloring Workbook To Promote Stretches, Breathing Techniques, and Relaxation Skills
- 16 Trauma-Informed Guided Relaxation Scripts For Helping Kids Destress
- Tips and Tricks To Help You Implement in a variety of settings including Individual, Small Group, and Whole Classroom Environments
- And a Wealth of Engaging Social-Emotional Activities Including Identifying and Accepting Feelings, Dealing With Unhelpful Thoughts, and More
Casey and her colleagues have personally seen this program deliver results for their students. Arming children with the tools and knowledge they need to learn coping mechanisms is an essential part of their development into emotionally-healthy adults. Using the Feeling-Breath-Thought-Skill framework, Skills for Big Feelings equips kids with these vital techniques and shows them how to thrive.
About the Author
Casey O'Brien Martin, LMHC, REAT, RN is a School Adjustment Counselor, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Registered Expressive Arts Therapist, and Registered Nurse with a passion for helping children develop healthy emotional regulation skills and grow into confident, happy individuals. Casey draws on her unique skillsets to create mind-body programs designed to promote holistic wellbeing and emotional regulation in children of all ages, helping them to achieve their highest potential. She believes that teaching kids how to understand and cope with their feelings is an essential part of their personal growth, and she's honored to be a part of this invaluable process. Casey graduated from Lesley University, where she currently serves as an Adjunct Faculty Member in the Graduate School of Arts and Social Sciences. For more information, visit www.wholechildcounseling.com.