A comprehensive guide with 80+ examples on 3D programming in WebGL 2, covering computer graphics topics such as rendering, 3D math, camera, and more
- Create visually stunning, high-performance 3D applications for the web with WebGL 2
- A complete course on 3D computer graphics: rendering, 3D math, lighting, cameras, and more
- Unlock a variety of new and advanced features offered in WebGL 2
As highly interactive applications have become an increasingly important part of the user experience, WebGL is a unique and cutting-edge technology that brings hardware-accelerated 3D graphics to the web.
Packed with 80+ examples, this book guides readers through the landscape of real-time computer graphics using WebGL 2. Each chapter covers foundational concepts in 3D graphics programming with various implementations. Topics are always associated with exercises for a hands-on approach to learning.
What you will learn
- Understand the rendering pipeline provided in WebGL
- Build and render 3D objects with WebGL
- Develop lights using shaders, 3D math, and the physics of light reflection
- Create a camera and use it to navigate a 3D scene
- Use texturing, lighting, and shading techniques to render realistic 3D scenes
- Implement object selection and interaction in a 3D scene
- Cover advanced techniques for creating immersive and compelling scenes
- Learn new and advanced features offered in WebGL 2
Who this book is for
About the Author
Farhad Ghayour is a technology consultant based out of San Francisco, CA, where he helps transform Fortune 500 companies worldwide. Currently, he is focused on solutions at the intersection of computer graphics, vision and machine learning. Previously, he was a core contributor to the Famous open source 3D WebGL rendering engine, lead software engineer at various innovative startups around the world, philosophy teacher, and investment banker. He is passionate about all things philosophy, math, code and design - and every so often you can find him in the high horsepower car racing scene.