"Dr. Meg Meeker's thirty years of being a pediatrician give her the understanding, compassion, and experience to help you build the healthy, loving relationship you both deserve."--RACHEL CRUZE, #1 New York Times bestselling author and host of The Rachel Cruze Show
Parents have never had a tougher job than now. Our culture bombards our daughters with unhealthy role models, misleads them about the consequences of early sexual activity, and even adds to the confusion of adolescences by encouraging them to question their "gender."
Meg Meeker has been a pediatrician for more than thirty years, is a mother and a grandmother, and has seen it all. She knows what makes for strong, happy, healthy young women--and what puts our daughters at risk. Combining that experience with her famous common sense, she explains the eleven steps that will help your daughter--whether she's a toddler or a troubled teen--to achieve her full human potential.
In this book, you will learn:
- The four biggest questions every daughter has--and that you must answer
- Why it's the quality, not the quantity, of your daughter's friends that matters
- The essential, complementary roles that mothers and fathers play
- The dangers of social media--and how to help your daughter navigate them
- What every daughter needs to know about God
- Why depression is often a "sexually transmitted disease"
- How to launch your daughter into successful womanhood
If you have a daughter, and worry about her future, you need Dr. Meg's advice.
About the Author
MEG MEEKER, M.D., author of the bestseller Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters, has spent more than three decades practicing pediatric and adolescent medicine and counseling teens and parents. A fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, she serves on the Advisory Board of the Medical Institute and is an associate professor of medicine at the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine. Dr. Meeker lives and works in northern Michigan, where she shares a medical practice with her husband, Walter.