Probability, Statistics, and Stochastic Processes for Engineers and Scientists
Featuring recent advances in the field, this new textbook presents probability and statistics, and their applications in stochastic processes. This book presents key information for understanding the essential aspects of basic probability theory and concepts of reliability as an application. The purpose of this book is to provide an option in this field that combines these areas in one book, balances both theory and practical applications, and also keeps the practitioners in mind.
- Includes numerous examples using current technologies with applications in various fields of study
- Offers many practical applications of probability in queueing models, all of which are related to the appropriate stochastic processes (continuous time such as waiting time, and fuzzy and discrete time like the classic Gambler's Ruin Problem)
- Presents different current topics like probability distributions used in real-world applications of statistics such as climate control and pollution
- Different types of computer software such as MATLAB(R), Minitab, MS Excel, and R as options for illustration, programing and calculation purposes and data analysis
- Covers reliability and its application in network queues
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Dr. Aliakbar Montazer Haghighi is Professor and Head of the Mathematics Department at Prairie View A&M University, Texas, USA. He received his Ph. D. in Probability and Statistics from Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA, under supervision of Lajos Takács; and his BA and MA in Mathematics from San Francisco State University, California. He has years of teaching, research and academic and administrative experiences at various universities globally. His research publications are extensive; they include mathematics books and Lecture Notes written in English and Farsi. His latest book with D.P. Mishev as co-author, titled "Delayed and Network Queues" appeared in September of 2016 was published by John Wiley & Sons Inc., New Jersey, USA; and his last Book-Chapter with D.P. Mishev as co-author, Stochastic Modeling in Indusry and Management, Chapter 7 of "A Modeling and Simulation in Industrial Engineering", Mangey Ram and J. P. Davim, Editors, to appear in 2018 by Springer. He is a life-time member of AMS and SIAM. He is the Co-Founder and is the Editor-in-Chief of Application and Applied Mathematics: An International Journal (AAM), http: //www.pvamu.edu/aam. More about him may be viewed at https: //www.pvamu.edu/bcas/departments/mathematics/faculty-and-staff/amhaghighi/.
Dr. Indika Rathnathungalage Wickramasinghe is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics at Prairie View A&M University, Texas, USA. He received his Ph. D. in Mathematical Statistics from Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, USA, under supervision of Dr. Alex Trindade; MS in Statistics from Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, USA; MSc in Operations Research from Moratuwa University, Sri Lanka and BSc in Mathematics from University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka. He has over 15 years of teaching and research experiences at various universities globally. Dr. Wickramasinghe has individually and collaboratively published a number of research publications and successfully submitted several grant proposals. More information about him may be viewed at https: //www.pvamu.edu/bcas/departments/mathematics/faculty-and- staff/iprathnathungalage/