Recovery from addiction is not a one-size-fits-all approach. If your previous attempts to stop drug or alcohol use have failed or if you want to learn to manage your use rather than abstain, this workbook can help you.
Power Over Addiction: A Harm Reduction Workbook for Changing Your Relationship to Drugs uses evidence-based interventions from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and mindfulness practices to help you understand the issues underlying addiction and stop problematic drug use.
This workbook will help you:
- reduce consequences associated with the use of alcohol and drugs
- learn mindfulness skills to slow down and interrupt the desire for immediate gratification
- address feelings of shame and guilt
- "surf" urges
- establish practices to cope with difficult emotions such as anger and grief
- develop alternatives to drug use
- improve the quality of your relationships, including with yourself
- learn responsible drug use skills
- cultivate a lifestyle that meets your needs and wants