Pie in the Sky
Buy new or used from an indie through our partner Biblio:
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
A Parents Magazine Best Kids Book of the Year!
A New York Public Library Best Book of the Year!
An NPR Best Book of the Year!
A Chicago Public Library Best Book of the Year!
A BookRiot Best Book of the Year!
A Horn Book Best Book of the Year!
A Kirkus Best Book of the Year!
Five STARRED reviews!
A Junior Library Guild selection!
An Indie Next pick!
"Pie in the Sky is like enjoying a decadent cake. . . heartwarming and rib-tickling." --Terri Libenson, bestselling author of Invisible Emmie
* "Perfect for fans of Gene Luen Yang and Victoria Jamieson." --Shelf Awareness, starred review
* "Like salted caramel, a perfect balance of flavors, this deftly drawn story is a heartfelt treat." --Kirkus Reviews, starred review
"Remy Lai seamlessly mixes together equal parts of humor, loss, identity, discovery, and love to create a delicious concoction of a story. . . illustrated beautifully." --Veera Hiranandani, Newbery Honor-winning author of The Night Diary
* "The humor [is] akin to that of Jeff Kinney's popular "Wimpy Kid" series . . . the perfect mixture of funny and emotionally resonant." --School Library Journal, starred review
"Uproarious humor and a burgeoning friendship add to the ingredients in this stunning debut. . . a book to be savored - and the illustrations are the icing on the cake." --NPR
"If this is what Remy Lai's got going on straight out of the gate, I can't wait to see what she comes up with next." --Fuse #8
* "Lai imbues this [story] with an undeniable sweetness." --Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books, starred review
* "A delectable page-turner. . . Heartbreakingly honest; in equal parts funny and poignant." --Horn Book, starred review