A field guide designed for the beginner to intermediate level birder and those who want to feed and attract birds in their own backyard.
* The guide is laid out in a progressive manner.
* The initial section describes how the guide is structured and can best be used.
* The second section provides bird identification tips, including tips on using size and behavior as identification aids.
* The third section is a 75 species mini-guide called the FastFinder. It contains 75 of the most common and wide spread species found in the United States based on the Cornell Lab of Ornithology's Project FeederWatch data.
* The fourth section is the main part of the guide covering 650 species, including descriptions, photographs and range maps of each species.
* The appendix includes information on attracting and feeding birds as well as binocular selection and bird photography.
* The photography is exceptional and even people with just a passive interest in birds will enjoy flipping through the guide.