The apostle Paul was, by his own description, "the chief of all sinners." Yet, this colossal figure left an indelible signature of greatness never to be forgotten. Some would argue, no other person in the Bible, aside from Christ Himself, had a more profound influence on his world and ours today than Paul. In this book, Charles Swindoll paints a vivid picture of this remarkable man and his story. He shows how God reached down to Paul in all his self-righteous zeal and
- crushed his pride,
- softened his heart, and
- transformed this once-violent aggressor into a powerful spokesman for Christ.
Paul pursued his divine mission with unflinching resolve, and God used him mightily to turn the world upside down for Christ in his generation. Perhaps that's why Paul's life is such a source of hope for us. If the chief of sinners can be forgiven and become God's chosen vessel, can He not forgive and use us as well?
Paul is the sixth of a multi-volume series exploring Great Lives from God's Word and searching them to find the qualities that made them great. Join us for an exciting, in-depth look at this amazing life, as only Chuck Swindoll can describe it.
Enjoy other books in the Great Lives from God's Word series:
- DAVID: A Man of Passion and Destiny
- ESTHER: A Woman of Strength and Dignity
- JOSEPH: A Man of Integrity and Forgiveness
- MOSES: A Man of Selfless Dedication
- ELIJAH: A Man of Heroism and Humility
- JOB: A Man of Heroic Endurance
- FASCINATING STORIES OF FORGOTTEN LIVES: Rediscovering Some Old Testament Characters
- JESUS: The Greatest Life of All
GREAT DAYS WITH THE GREAT LIVES: Daily Insight from Great Lives of the Bible