Hollyanna McCollom (Author)
DescriptionWith funky neighborhoods, an innovative spirit, and famed music, food, and beer scenes, Portland is truly a one-of-a-kind city. Discover it for yourself with Moon Portland.
- Explore the City: Navigate by neighborhood or by activity with color-coded maps, or follow a self-guided neighborhood walk
- See the Sights: Explore PDX landmarks like Pioneer Courthouse Square, get lost in the stacks at Powell's City of Books, find solitude in the Lan Su Chinese Garden, or wander through old-growth trees in Forest Park
- Get a Taste of the City: Visit one of Portland's trendy gastropubs, fair trade coffee shops, or innovative and delicious food trucks
- Bars and Nightlife: Sip craft cocktails in cozy bars on a rainy day, see the next big indie band at a beloved venue, down a pint at a microbrewery, or pub-crawl via a human-powered trolley
Trusted Advice: Journalist and born-and-bred Oregonian Hollyanna McCollom shares her local know-how
- Strategic Itineraries: See the best of Portland with itineraries designed for families, gourmands, nature-lovers, and artists, with day trips to the Oregon coast, wine country, Mount Hood, and the Columbia River Gorge
- Full-Color Photos and Detailed Maps so you can explore on your own
- Handy Tools: Background information on the landscape, history, and culture
May 14, 2019
4.6 X 0.6 X 7.5 inches | 0.6 pounds
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
More than half of the telephone calls Hollyanna McCollom receives are from friends, family, and colleagues asking her for advice about Portland. The questions vary; she's heard everything from "My mom is in town, where should I take her to dinner?" to "What's the best strip club in town?" So far, she hasn't once been stumped. A native Oregonian, Hollyanna spent two years as the editor-in-chief of PDX Magazine, a "where to go, what to do" publication for the city of Portland, before leaving to pursue a career as a freelance writer and full-time advocate for the city. Mother of two boys, Hollyanna is a part-time poet and part-time pirate who lives in northeast Portland and spends her free time shopping in thrift stores and singing terrible karaoke punk songs.