Moon Alaska: Scenic Drives, National Parks, Best Hikes
Lisa Maloney (Author)
DescriptionRemote, wild, and all-around otherworldly, Alaska promises unforgettable adventure. Discover the heart of "The Last Frontier" with Moon Alaska. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic itineraries, whether you have a week to hit the top sights or a month to explore the whole state, with ideas for outdoor adventurers, history buffs, road-trippers, wildlife enthusiasts, and more
- The top outdoor activities: Embark on a glacier hike, cast your line in the halibut capital of the world, or take an intrepid "flightseeing" tour to secluded glacier landings in Denali National Park. Experience the thrill of spotting wild bears, moose, wolves, or even a walrus, or hop on a boat at Columbia Glacier to watch sea otters, harbor seals, and whales glide through the water. Kayak on tranquil sounds and secluded lakes or camp under a crystal-clear sky full of stars
- Unique experiences: Learn about Alaska's native cultures, visit quirky small towns, and discover the best spots to witness the enchanting northern lights
- Honest advice from Anchorage local and outdoor aficionado Lisa Maloney on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay, from campsites and hostels to B&Bs and resort fishing lodges
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout, plus a full-color foldout map
- How to get there and get around by plane, train, ferry, cruise ship, or guided tour
- Recommendations for families, LGBTQ+ travelers, women traveling solo, seniors, international visitors, and travelers with disabilities
- Thorough background on the culture, weather, wildlife, local laws, and history, plus tips for health and safety
With Moon Alaska's practical tips and expert insight, you can find your adventure.
Can't get enough of Alaska? Try Moon Anchorage, Denali & the Kenai Peninsula. Headed to Canada? Try Moon Vancouver & Canadian Rockies Road Trip or Moon Banff National Park.
April 21, 2020
5.4 X 1.0 X 7.2 inches | 0.95 pounds
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Lisa Maloney has lived in Anchorage, Alaska since the late 1980s, and travels extensively throughout the state for work and play. Even though she lives in "the big city," Lisa thrives on the self-sufficient mentality that drives the rest of the state forward. She makes her living as a freelance writer, focused primarily on travel, the outdoors, and profiling the unique personalities that call Alaska home. She is also the author of 50 Hikes Around Anchorage and a second guidebook tentatively titled Day Hiking Southcentral Alaska. You can see more of Lisa's writing at maloneywrites.com or catch up with her latest adventures at hikingalaska.net and cometoalaska.net.