Make It Ahead !
Test Kitchen Canadian Living (Author)
Backorder (temporarily out of stock)
Description100+ RECIPES FOR BATCH COOKING - FREEZING - SAVING - STORING - AND MORE! You know those crazy days when you get home and need dinner on the table 10 minutes ago? Or when your relatives pop in for dinner with just an hour's notice? Or when you don't have one more minute to make another dish for a big holiday dinner? The food experts in the Canadian Living Test Kitchen know that feeling, too.
That's why they've gathered their favourite make-ahead, freeze-ahead and batch-cooking recipes in this new essential cookbook. More than 100 Tested-Till-Perfect recipes cover all kinds of dishes and all kinds of situations, from easy weeknight meals to big-batch recipes that are excellent for entertaining. There are plenty of surprises along the way, from creamy freeze-ahead mashed potatoes that taste like you just whipped them up to a gorgeous cake you can pull out of the freezer at the last second for an impromptu dessert. Canada's most-trusted food experts also share their best tips and strategies for prepping ahead and setting yourself up for low-effort success later on. They've included info on choosing the right storage containers, protecting your homemade dishes from freezer burn and much more.
- 7 recipe categories, each focused on a different type of dish: Appetizers, Soups and Stews, Meat and poultry dishes, Baked dishes and casseroles, Sauces, Baked treats and Desserts.
- Special icons alert readers to weeknight, entertaining and freezable dishes at a glance
- 50+ colour photographs
- Helpful cooking, shopping and preparing tips scattered throughout
- Complete index that groups all recipes into helpful categories; search by type of recipe (such as soup or pizza), ingredient (such as beef or carrots) or recipe name
- Full nutrient analysis of each recipe
July 05, 2016
7.9 X 0.6 X 9.9 inches | 1.15 pounds
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
The Canadian Living Test Kitchen creates and tests thousands of recipes every year to ensure that they turn out as perfectly in your home as they do in our kitchen. We develop each recipe with you in mind by using everyday ingredients and only the most common cooking equipment found in households across Canada. This makes cooking easier on you, leaving you more time to share good food with family and friends.