LULU is a collection of artist Lulu de Kwiatkowski's colorful, dreamlike, and autobiographical handmade collages.Whimsical yet complex, Lulu's original multimedia collages combine painting, drawing, photography, and writing.
Her artwork draws inspiration from her unique, albeit rarefied and surreal, experiences growing up, as well as from her travels all over the world. The result is a distinctly feminine and decorative sensibility that resonates as both contemporary and timeless.
- Lulu de Kwiatkowski and her work have been prominently featured in Architectural Digest
and other interior design and lifestyle magazines.
- She has a background in painting, textile design, and the decorative arts.
- Her work blends depictions of flora and fauna with geometric studies of pattern and color. In Lulu's work, memories often appear in the form of handwritten text, as well as in portraits of herself and her family members, removed from their original context and integrated into these dreamlike and fictional landscapes. This sumptuous monograph is a celebration of her autobiographical collages, paintings, and illustrations.
- The perfect gift for new and longtime fans of Lulu de Kwiatkowski, as well as artists and designers looking for aesthetic inspiration
- Lovely on the shelf or on display on a coffee table
- Great for those who loved Collage by Women: 50 Essential Contemporary Artists
by Rebeka Elizegi and Blanca Ortiga, Henri Matisse: The Cut-Outs
by Samantha Friedman, and Collage: Contemporary Artists Hunt and Gather, Cut and Paste, Mash Up and Transform
by Danielle Krysa