KIDS EMPOWERED is a twelve-month children's ministry curriculum that is designed to help lead kids into a real relationship with God (recommended for ages 6-12). Just like Jesus valued and welcomed children, we must see kids as vital members of the kingdom of God. They can know God, hear His voice, walk in His ways, and move in the Holy Spirit at their young age
The lessons are broken down into twelve themes, which cover a variety of subjects and rotate through the following three major focuses:
1. Empowered to Know: These themes focus on knowing God and growing in a relationship with Him.
2. Empowered to Grow: These themes are all about growing in character and obedience to God.
3. Empowered to Show: These themes emphasize demonstrating the love and power of God to others.
1. Relationship Focused: The lessons continually point children to God and the priority of having a real relationship with Him. Kids are encouraged to maintain a journal in order to keep track of what God is doing in their lives and speaking to them (It is recommended that the Kids Ministry provide a journal for each child ).
2. Grounded in the Word: Scripture is used frequently, and kids are taught the value of getting into the Bible for themselves. Each of the twelve themes has a memory verse that the children will learn and memorize.
3. Spirit-empowered: Kids are invited to be filled with the Holy Spirit and are equipped to begin to move in the gifts of the Holy Spirit. The same Holy Spirit who works in and through adults will work in the kids
4. Immediate Application: Each lesson has a section where kids can immediately apply what has been taught. This makes room for kids to encounter God and put into practice what they are learning. One of the best ways for kids to learn is by doing
Each lesson includes:
-A welcome time and memory verse
-A large group lesson with a teaching outline
-A personal application time for kids to encounter God and apply what they learned
-A small group time for discussion, testimonies, and prayer
(A thorough curriculum overview and some sample lessons can be seen at: www.kids-empowered.com)