This updated edition of Java in a Nutshell not only helps experienced Java programmers get the most out of Java versions 9 through 11, it's also a learning path for new developers. Chock full of examples that demonstrate how to take complete advantage of modern Java APIs and development best practices, this thoroughly revised book includes new material on Java Concurrency Utilities.
The book's first section provides a fast-paced, no-fluff introduction to the Java programming language and the core runtime aspects of the Java platform. The second section is a reference to core concepts and APIs that explains how to perform real programming work in the Java environment.
- Get up to speed on language details, including Java 9-11 changes
- Learn object-oriented programming, using basic Java syntax
- Explore generics, enumerations, annotations, and lambda expressions
- Understand basic techniques used in object-oriented design
- Examine concurrency and memory, and how they're intertwined
- Work with Java collections and handle common data formats
- Delve into Java's latest I/O APIs, including asynchronous channels
- Become familiar with development tools in OpenJDK
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Ben Evans is an author, speaker, consultant and educator. He is co-founder of jClarity, a startup which delivers performance tools & services to help development & ops teams. He helps to organize the London Java Community and serves on the Java Community Process Executive Committee, helping define standards for the Java ecosystem. He is a Java Champion, JavaOne Rockstar Speaker and a Java Editor at InfoQ. Ben travels frequently and speaks regularly, all over the world.