Java Cookbook: Problems and Solutions for Java Developers
Java continues to grow and evolve, and this cookbook continues to evolve in tandem. With this guide, you'll get up to speed right away with hundreds of hands-on recipes across a broad range of Java topics. You'll learn useful techniques for everything from string handling and functional programming to network communication.
Each recipe includes self-contained code solutions that you can freely use, along with a discussion of how and why they work. If you're familiar with Java basics, this cookbook will bolster your knowledge of the language and its many recent changes, including how to apply them in your day-to-day development. This updated edition covers changes through Java 12 and parts of 13 and 14.
- Methods for compiling, running, and debugging
- Packaging Java classes and building applications
- Manipulating, comparing, and rearranging text
- Regular expressions for string and pattern matching
- Handling numbers, dates, and times
- Structuring data with collections, arrays, and other types
- Object-oriented and functional programming techniques
- Input/output, directory, and filesystem operations
- Network programming on both client and server
- Processing JSON for data interchange
- Multithreading and concurrency
- Using Java in big data applications
- Interfacing Java with other languages
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Ian has a lifetime of experience in the software industry, and has worked with Java across many platforms and types of software, from Java's initial release to the present. A founding member of Sun/Oracle Java Champions, Ian is the author of O'Reilly's Java Cookbook and Android Cookbook among others, and has written and taught courses for undergraduate Computer Science and for leading career development company Learning Tree International.