'A must-read for all educators, parents, and everyone involved in the education of children. Inspiring!' - Lenia Tavares, Mum, Foreign Languages Teacher, Language and Communication Impairment in Children Specialist, B.Sc., M.Sc.
"How to Raise Confident Multicultural Children
" is an insightful guidebook to raising a confident, bilingual, and multicultural child. It has been curated by Elisavet Arkolaki, author of the children's books "Where am I from?
", "Happiness Street
" and "Cousins Forever
" (the last two are available on Amazon in bilingual editions
in 30+ languages
). It includes practical tips and ideas from diverse, bi/multilingual professionals with families of mixed ethnic backgrounds. The reader will find full chapter contributions by Dr. Ute Limacher-Riebold, Dr. Brigitte Vittrup, Dr. Mary-Pat O'Malley-Keighran, Rita Rosenback, Lisa Ferland, Brian Vassallo, Tamara Yousry, Yui Mikuriya, Elisavet Arkolaki.
How to Raise Confident Multicultural Children will enable you to...
✓ Appreciate how it is growing up with more than one culture and the opportunities that come with it
✓ Support your child's language development by understanding what are language delays in multilingual children and what to do about them
✓ Nurture a child who embraces and feels proud of her mixed heritage since early childhood
✓ Get access to well-researched information by diverse experts which will enable you to make informed decisions
✓ Enjoy a smoother parenting journey Chapters
1. Inventing identities for our multicultural children by Elisavet Arkolaki
2. The debate over multiculturalism and what we can learn from the Canadian model by Elisavet Arkolaki
3. My identity crisis growing up in numerous cultures by Yui Mikuriya
4. Why urging our children to embrace different cultures and learn different languages matters by Dr. Ute Limacher-Riebold
5. The 5 most common challenges a parent faces while raising a multicultural kid and how to address them by Vivian Chiona, Dr. Brigitte Vittrup, Elisavet Arkolaki
6. 5 mistakes parents make when trying to raise bilingual children by Rita Rosenback
7. Language delays in multilingual children: what are they and what to do about them by Dr. Mary-Pat O'Malley-Keighran
8. Raising multilingual children with additional needs abroad by Dr. Ute Limacher-Riebold
9. Confident moms raise confident kids - On finding your tribe abroad by Lisa Ferland
10. Media influences on children by Dr. Brigitte Vittrup
11. The impact of culture on the education of the young by Brian Vassallo
12. Promoting tolerance, practical tips - What we should do to enhance religious tolerance at home (parents) and at school (teachers) by Brian Vassallo
13. Crossing the Deep Cultural Divide by Tamara Yousry
14. The stories you should tell your multicultural kid every day by Elisavet Arkolaki
15. A list of websites and blogs about multilingualism & multiculturalism
If you're reading this on amazon.de/.co.uk/.ca/.au/.it, etc, visit the .com link for more reviews from parents from around the world here https: //www.amazon.com/dp/B0847QQLDJ/