How to Draw and Write in Fountain Pen: A Modern Guide
Ayano Usamura (Author)
DescriptionI love the way you ink For illustrator Ayano Usamura, her first time drawing in fountain pen was a revelation. The easy flow of ink spurred her creativity and gave character to every line. Even the simplest letters and doodles came to life Now, with her trusty LAMY Safari in hand, Usamura shares the joy of fountain pens. You'll learn to:
- choose the perfect pen (and take good care of it)
- simply sketch adorable foods, clothing, plants, and household objects
- write stylishly in block and cursive letters--and create narrow, bold, 3-D, serif, and calligraphy effects
- embellish journals, labels, scrapbooks, and cards with decorative frames and borders
- design layouts that bring all these elements together, and put your personal touch on seven easy crafts
- Pull-out practice paper: The paper at the end of this book is just right for pen and ink
- Mini tracing booklet: The booklet inside the front cover is filled with sample doodles and designs you can trace for worry-free practice.
- Handy built-in pocket: Store the booklet, your drawings, and anything you like inside the back-cover pocket.
September 17, 2019
6.0 X 0.5 X 8.4 inches | 0.55 pounds
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Ayano Usamura is a Japanese illustrator. She began her career as a freelance illustrator at age seventeen, specializing in simple lifestyle drawing. Usamura's career took off when her illustrations using LAMY Safari pens were featured in the company's Japanese-language newsletter, LAMY Sketch. She runs a graphic design studio with her husband and works as an art director, advising clients on visuals for social media and promotional campaigns.