This is a book for mothers who love their sons, and want to be closer.
What might you get from reading this book?
- A deeper understanding of your boys and also the men you love
- The reasons a male's emotions are less visible
- The secrets of his emotions and how to see them
- The possibility of a new closeness from understanding and loving his uniqueness
- An awareness of the three things that drive these differences that impact your sons but not your daughters
- Tips for teaching young boys about emotions
- Ideas about how to find your son's safe emotional places
- The joy of having a new understanding of your son and his joy at being understood.
Research tells us that boys have emotions (sometimes more than the girls) but once they get a little older you stop seeing them so easily. This book gives you the tools you need to see how and why he does this. Once you understand your son it will be easy to see the same dynamics in your husband.
The bottom line is I have never met a mom who doesn't love her son. But I have met quite a few moms who would love to be closer. This book is written specifically for them. Concise and straightforward, it makes it easy for busy moms who don't have lots of time to read books. Some sections could be read aloud with your son which will likely produce some interesting discussions.
Get closer to your son.