Healing Spices: How Turmeric, Cayenne Pepper, and Other Spices Can Improve Your Health, Life, and Well-Being
DescriptionSpices not only add a flavorful kick to meals, they also have some amazing benefits to improve certain ailments and improve overall health. Rich in antioxidants and polyphenols, spices and herbs like turmeric, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, cloves, coriander, and sage can fight inflammation, protect against chronic conditions, and can even help with losing weight. Featuring dozens of recipes for meals and beauty remedies, Healing Spices is a great tool for anyone looking to add more flavor to their diet and cut out unhealthy seasonings like salt, sugar, and fatty oils. You'll find great recipes like: - Chickpea and carrot tangine
- Sweet potato and coconut soup
- Probiotic ginger beer
- Chicken tikka masala with turmeric rice
- Lemon-garlic sorbet
- Cayenne toasts
- Orange, fig, and sage chutney
- Mexican hot chocolate cupcakes
- And much more There are also remedies for burns, problem skin and hair, losing your voice, toothaches, and a guide detailing the benefits of each spice and herb. Healing Spices is the ultimate compendium for anyone wishing to cook with healthier seasonings. Skyhorse Publishing, along with our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We've been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While not every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might not otherwise find a home.
July 22, 2014
5.8 X 0.7 X 8.2 inches | 0.95 pounds
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Instructables.com: Instructables.com is a bona fide Internet sensation, a web-based community of motivated do-it-yourselfers who contribute invaluable how-to guides to the site on a wide range of topics, from gardening and home repair to recipes and gadgets that defy categorization. The site hosts more than 100,000 projects. More than fifteen million people visit the site each month, leaving comments and suggestions on the ever-growing list of do-it-yourself projects.