Grow up! If you have limited outdoor space and would like to grow your food, this practical illustrated guide will help you transform previously plant-free zones into thriving, beneficial and utterly beautiful food-growing areas.
Using special containers, either bought or home-made, as well as conventional methods such as containers on a roof or growing plants up walls, you can grow a wide range of edible crops - and grab a salad for lunch without getting your feet wet. This book includes:
- Creating edible roof gardens
- Planning and growing crops on green roofs, including on sheds
- Using a wide variety of containers, e.g. ladder allotments and growing frames, with details of how to make them
- Making the most of wall boxes and hanging baskets
- A directory of plants suitable for vertical growing - fruit, flowers and herbs as well as vegetables - with advice on how to cultivate them.
Whether you have an apartment with just a wall, windowsill, balcony or small flat roof; a school with nothing but a tarmac playground; or just a paved courtyard in your community centre, this book will get you started on a new way of growing.