Good for You: Bold Flavors with Benefits. 100 Recipes for Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, and Vegan Diets
DescriptionGood for You: Bold Flavors with Benefits is a cookbook that infuses clean eating with rich flavor. Award-winning chef Akhtar Nawab presents 100 healthful and hearty recipes that satisfy every appetite. Inspired by his Indian heritage, Kentucky upbringing, and professional experience cooking in Mexican and Italian restaurants, these recipes are as unique as they are delicious. - Great for gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and vegan diets
- Wholesome, accessible recipes that pack serious flavor into every bite
- Covers basic building blocks--like vegan soubise and gluten-free bread--as well as more advanced recipes and techniques With bright, enticing photography, Good for You is a delicious pick for both amateur and seasoned home cooks. Recipes include Blueberry Ginger Smoothie, Gazpacho with Poached Shrimp, Fish Tacos with Pistachio Mole, and Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups with Sea Salt. - This book is for anyone who wants to eat well and feel good.
- Akhtar Nawab is the chef behind Alta Calidad and Alta Calidad Taqueria in New York, and Otra Vez in New Orleans
- Perfect for home cooks who want to take their clean eating to the next level with interesting spices, marinades, and methods
- Add it to the shelf with books like The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor by Gina Homolka; Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat: Mastering the Elements of Good Cooking by Samin Nosrat; and The Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity, Based on the Wisdom of America's Most Imaginative Chefs by Karen Page and Andrew Dornenburg.
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the AuthorAkhtar Nawab is the award-winning chef behind Alta Calidad and Alta Calidad Taqueria in New York, and Otra Vez in New Orleans. He lives in Manhattan. Andrea Strong is a Brooklyn-based journalist and cookbook author. Antonis Achilleos is a food and lifestyle photographer based in Birmingham, Alabama.
Akhtar Nawab is one of the best chefs in America. His book is full of insanely delicious and ingenious ways to cook food that makes you feel good. We're lucky to have it. -David Chang, chef and founder, Momofuku
I can't wait to make all these beautiful dishes! Akhtar can masterfully cook anything. Good for You is a thoughtful collection of modern, delicious recipes full of flavor and punch, born of Akhtar's vast and varied career. This book teaches us to be good to ourselves while celebrating great ingredients and rich culinary traditions. Keep it close, use it often.
-Loretta Keller, chef and restaurateur, San Francisco
Akhtar has an uncanny ability to apply his technical skills to a myriad of cuisines-Indian, Mexican, seasonal American-and his food is always addictively delicious AND nourishing. Good for You is a reflection of this inimitable talent: here is a must-have collection of flavorful, healthful recipes that home cooks can make any day of the week. -Marco Canora, chef and founder, Hearth, Brodo Broth Company, and Zadie's Oyster Room
"While working as a makeup artist, I've been responsible for making women (and men) look and feel their best. And while I know the power of a good concealer or red lipstick, what goes into your body has an even bigger impact on how we look on the outside.
Akhtar Nawab proved to me that healthy food doesn't have to be bland and flavorless. It doesn't have to be boring. He's infused his recipes with a rich combination of spices and flavors that reflect his Indian heritage and diverse culinary background. I immediately fell in love with his vision of food that is good for you while also tasting delicious." - Bobbi Brown, from the foreword