Share this book with children to help them, in a safe and calm way, understand how germs work. In addition to straightforward, helpful information told in a warm and approachable way, the book contains a chart of rules for good health that reinforces healthful living.
Germs are all around us, but they're too small to see. Many germs are harmless, but two kinds, viruses and bacteria, can make you sick. How? Read and find out!
This clear and appealing picture book for early elementary age kids, both at home and in the classroom, is all about germs, how they can make you sick, and how your body works to fight them off.
This book features simple diagrams to explain why you feel poorly when you're sick and how your body keeps you healthy by producing antibodies. Both text and artwork were vetted for accuracy by Dr. Melanie Marin. An excellent resource in this time of COVID-19.
This is a Level 2 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out, which means the book explores more challenging concepts for children in the primary grades. The 100+ titles in this leading nonfiction series are:
- hands-on and visual
- acclaimed and trusted
- great for classrooms
Top 10 reasons to love LRFOs:
- Entertain and educate at the same time
- Have appealing, child-centered topics
- Developmentally appropriate for emerging readers
- Focused; answering questions instead of using survey approach
- Employ engaging picture book quality illustrations
- Use simple charts and graphics to improve visual literacy skills
- Feature hands-on activities to engage young scientists
- Meet national science education standards
- Written/illustrated by award-winning authors/illustrators & vetted by an expert in the field
- Over 130 titles in print, meeting a wide range of kids' scientific interests
Books in this series support the Common Core Learning Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) standards. Let's-Read-and-Find-Out is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.
"The new version retains the lively combination of fact and narrative that has made this a great title for easy reading and for sharing aloud."--Booklist
"A chart of "rules for good health" reinforces healthful living. But what really enhances the text are the delightful color illustrations. The pictures are funny, but informative."--Science Books and Films