You'll never fall into tourist traps when you travel with Frommer's. Doing so is like having a trusted friend show you around, taking you to the places locals like best. That's because our guidebooks, unlike those of many competitors, are written by resident experts--like Paul Ames, a highly respected, Portugal-based travel journalist and the author of Frommer's Portugal. In this proudly opinionated book he will help you sort through all the options so you can tailor a vacation that's right for you.
Inside this book you'll find:
- Savvy advice for avoiding crowds as you explore some of Portugal's greatest gems, from Lisbon's Alfama to the beaches of the Algarve to the Palácio Nacional de Sintra to the port-tasting rooms of Porto--plus tips for navigating the country's lovely but less-traveled corners, such as Trás-os-Mantes and the Minho
- Where to discover the absolute best seafood in Lisbon, the tastiest fruit in Alcobaça, and the finest wines in the Douro Valley
- Insightful commentary on Portugal's dazzling array of architectural masterpieces, like the Gothic Mosteiro de Santa Maria da Vitória in Alcobaça and the Baroque Palácio Nacional de Queluz
- Opinionated reviews--no bland descriptions or lukewarm recommendations here. Our expert author is passionate about the country, and he tells it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity, so there's never any guessing or nasty surprises
- Lodging, restaurant, and shopping recommendations in all ranges from luxe to affordable
- User-friendly features including star ratings, detailed maps, and a pullout map of the country
- Large, easy-to-read fonts but thin paper, so the book isn't too heavy to carry
- Helpful planning tips for getting there, getting around, saving money, and getting the most from your trip
About Frommer's: There's a reason that Frommer's has been the most trusted name in travel for more than 60 years. Arthur Frommer created the bestselling guide series in 1957 to help American service members fulfill their dreams of travel in Europe. Since then, we have published thousands of titles, becoming a household name by helping millions upon millions of people realize their own dreams of seeing our planet. Travel is easy with Frommer's.
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Paul Ames has been enchanted by Portugal since he first arrived as a child in 1975 and found the country gripped by revolutionary fervor. He lives in Lisbon, works as a freelance journalist and never tires of exploring the delights of his adopted homeland from the vine-covered hills of the Minho to Madeira's rocky shores and all the beaches in between.