Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Intensive Review: Fast Facts and Practice Questions (Book + Digital Access)
Note to Readers: Publisher does not guarantee quality or access to any included digital components if book is purchased through a third-party seller.
Includes 6 months' free ExamPrepConnect Digital Access with print purchase!
Doody's Medical Review: 100 Points; 5 Stars (First Edition)
The third edition of this highly acclaimed review continues to promote efficient, time-saving study by synthesizing the complex knowledge needed to pass the exam into a concise, well-organized format. It is updated with key information about the new ANCC and AANPCB certification exams, including new test-format questions featuring photos of skin and eye conditions and EKGs, and more challenging drag-and-drop and multiple-choice questions. Also new to the third edition is more detailed information about nonclinical topics on the exam, including research, ethics, medico-legal issues, advanced practice law, health practices of various cultures, and reimbursement guidelines. One hundred new review questions throughout the book and on the practice exam--including answer key and rationale--increase the total number of questions to more than 700.
Designed to help FNP students boost their confidence through intensive review and high-quality questions, the third edition features succinct, precisely targeted "need-to-know" details of diseases commonly seen in primary care. It covers the entire life span from pediatrics through geriatrics, and offers extensive test-taking techniques and question dissection and analysis sections that provide strategies for identifying the best clues during the problem-solving process. Organized by body system, sections are consistently formatted and encompass Danger Signals, Normal Findings, Lab Findings, Benign Variants, and individual Disease Review topics for each system. Additional outstanding features include Exam Tips and Clinical Pearls that help to focus system study on key information.
NEW TO THE THIRD EDITION
- Updated information reflecting the new FNP certification exam
- New test-format questions used by the ANCC, including photos of skin and eye conditions, EKGs, and more complex drag-and-drop and multiple-choice questions
- 100 new in-depth review questions for a total of more than 700
- Differential Diagnosis tables
- Additional information about nonclinical topics, including culture, spirituality, and health practices; evidence-based medicine; and more
- Provides a succinct, precisely targeted review of diseases commonly seen in primary care
- Delineates strategic "question-dissection techniques" for study success
- Includes Exam Tips and Clinical Pearls to help prioritize and interpret test content
- Outlines Normal Findings and Benign Variants in physical assessment of each body system
- Offers intensive pharmacology review
- Content available digitally via ExamPrepConnect for study on the go
- All the high-quality content from the book
- Personalized study plan based on exam date
- 700+ questions and answers with rationales--study by topic to identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Lessons and flashcards on key information and abbreviations
- Discussion board to connect with FNP exam-prep community
- Games to make studying fun
See access details inside book.
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Maria T. Codina Leik, MSN, ARNP, FNP-C, AGPCNP-BC, is the president and principal lecturer at National ARNP Services, Inc. (npreview.com). Well known for her ability to simplify complex concepts for her students, she is a popular speaker and educator. Ms. Leik taught previously in the nurse practitioner (NP) program at Florida International University Graduate School of Nursing. She is board certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB) in two specialties: family NP and adult-gerontology primary care NP. She is an experienced NP with more than two decades of clinical practice. In addition to her two NP certification review books published by Springer Publishing Company, Ms. Leik is the author of chapters in two NP textbooks and is a member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.