From the New York Times bestselling author of the million-copy bestseller Essentialism comes an empowering guide to achieving your goals. It all starts with a simple principle: not everything has to be so hard.
Do you ever feel like:
- You're teetering right on the edge of burnout?
- You want to make a higher contribution, but lack the energy?
- You're running faster but not moving closer to your goals?
- Everything is so much harder
than it used to be?
As high achievers, we've been conditioned to believe that the path to success is paved with relentless work. That if we want to overachieve, we have to overexert, overthink, and overdo. That if we aren't perpetually exhausted, we're not doing enough.
But lately, working hard is more exhausting than ever. And the more depleted we get, the more effort it takes to make progress. Stuck in an endless loop of "Zoom, eat, sleep, repeat," we're often working twice as hard to achieve half as much.
Getting ahead doesn't have to be as hard as we make it. No matter what challenges or obstacles we face, there is a better way: instead of pushing ourselves harder, we can find an easier path. Effortless
offers actionable advice for making the most essential activities the easiest ones
, so you can achieve the results you want, without burning out. Effortless
teaches you how to:
- Turn tedious tasks into enjoyable rituals
- Prevent frustration by solving problems before they arise
- Set a sustainable pace instead of powering through
- Make one-time choices that eliminate many future decisions
- Simplify your processes by removing unnecessary steps
- Make relationships easier to maintain and manage
- And much more
The effortless way isn't the lazy way. It's the smart way. It may even be the only way.
Not every hard thing in life can be made easy. But we can make it easier to do more of what matters most.
About the Author
Greg McKeown is a speaker, a bestselling author, and the host of the popular podcast What's Essential. He has been covered by The New York Times, Fast Company, Fortune, Politico, and Inc., has been interviewed on NPR, NBC, Fox, and The Steve Harvey Show, and is among the most popular bloggers for LinkedIn. He is also a Young Global Leader for the World Economic Forum. McKeown's New York Times bestselling book Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less has sold more than a million copies worldwide. Originally from London, England, he now lives in California with his wife, Anna, and their four children.