A city of sublime contrasts, Beijing has ancient temples, winding Hutongs and the Forbidden city, as well as edgy art districts, futuristic architecture and trendy restaurants - all within a stones-throw of the awe-inspiring Great Wall of China. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you'll find your way around Beijing with absolute ease.
Our newly updated Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of Beijing into helpful lists of ten - from our own selected highlights to the best museums, places to eat, shops and festivals.
- Eight easy-to-follow itineraries
, perfect for a day-trip, a weekend, or a week
- Detailed Top 10 lists of Beijing's must-sees, including detailed descriptions of the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven, Tian'an Men Square, the Lama Temple, Bei Hai Park, Hou Hai, the Summer Palace, 798 Art District, the Ming Tombs and the Great Wall of China
- Beijing's most interesting areas
, with the best places for shopping, going out, and sightseeing
- Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip - including children's attractions and things to do for free
- A laminated pull-out map of Beijing featuring the Beijing subway map, plus seven color area maps- Streetsmart advice
get ready, get around, and stay safe
- A lightweight format
perfect for your pocket or bag when you're on the move
Looking for more on Beijing's culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness China