From a pioneer in social permaculture, how we can foster the inner resources to create the world we know is possible
As we emerge from the pandemic, we know there is no going back but how do we step forward? Looby Macnamara is an international thought leader who has been teaching people how to create positive change in their lives, relationships and communities for nearly 20 years. She draws upon the lineages of indigenous wisdom, permaculture design, the Work That Reconnects and combines these with a new understanding of systems thinking and culture to create a profoundly effective toolkit.
Cultural Emergence supports us in designing the world we want to live in. It is both a framework and toolkit that enables our personal and collective journeys of connection and well-being. It activates healing and revolutionises our approach to creating life-sustaining and regenerative cultures.
This book is filled with activities and reflective questions to help us:
- Bring together deep nature connection, design and systems thinking to create a holistic system of transformation
- Embody the learning and effectively embed the changes in our lives into new ways of being and interacting
- Build resilience in turbulent times and support us to adjust to transitions, whether they are personal life changes or collective challenges such as climate change
- Understand where problems come from and how we can create deep healing and radical reflection of the root causes
- Expand our thinking and possibilities
- Use the tools to create the conditions for emergence, informing the creation of cultures of care, connection, peace, health, effectiveness and trust.
Cultural Emergence is visionary and practical, wise and simple to use. It is a message of hope with tools for empowerment. It is a timely, much-needed book that has the potential to be help enable deep and radical transformation.