You'll love these inside looks at your favorite NHL players and personalities, the biggest games in hockey history, and all the everyday joys of your favorite sport!
Meet the real Mark Messier--coaching kids in his hometown. Travel through the years with famous hockey sportscaster Brian McFarlane. Read about the kindness of Bobby Orr and a personal look at Mario Lemieux.
And in addition to all the stories by and about NHLers, you'll read stories by fans and everyday players about big games and big plays; backyard rinks, pond hockey, and shinny games; growing up loving the game; and growing to love the game! You'll also find inspiring stories by NHLers and Olympians about dedication, dreams, and drive, including:
- Former NHL player Georges Laraque, "the gentle tough guy," on how he persevered against racism to play the game he loves
- Olympian Cassie Campbell-Pascall on how losing the gold medal at the first ever women's hockey Olympic game made her and the team better, winning gold the next time
- NHL player Vinny Prospal on how believing in himself and working hard pushed him through the minors into the pros, making his former GM "eat his shoes"
- Olympian Hayley Wickenheiser on challenging herself by playing on a Finnish male team and inspiring another young female hockey player to be a star
- NHL player Matt Duchene on his parents' support and the sacrifices that helped him reach the NHL
- Former NHL player Ryan Walter on the lifelong lessons he learned during his rookie season