Cesar's Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding and Correcting Common Dog Problems
DescriptionCesar Millan--nationally recognized dog expert--helps you see the world through the eyes of your dog so you can finally eliminate problem behaviors. From his appearances on The Oprah Winfrey Show to his roster of celebrity clients to his reality television series, Cesar Millan is America's most sought-after dog-behavior expert. But Cesar is not a trainer in the traditional sense--his expertise lies in his unique ability to comprehend dog psychology. Tracing his own amazing journey from a clay-walled farm in Mexico to the celebrity palaces of Los Angeles, Cesar recounts how he learned what makes dogs tick. In Cesar's Way, he shares this wisdom, laying the groundwork for you to have stronger, more satisfying relationships with your canine companions. Cesar's formula for a contented and balanced dog seems impossibly simple: exercise, discipline, and affection, in that order. Taking readers through the basics of dog psychology and behavior, Cesar shares the inside details of some of his most fascinating cases, using them to illustrate how common behavior issues develop and, more important, how they can be corrected. You'll learn: - What your dog really needs may not be what you're giving him
- Why a dog's natural pack instincts are the key to your happy relationship
- How to relate to your dog on a canine level
- There are no "problem breeds," just problem owners
- How to choose a dog who's right for you and your family
- The difference between discipline and punishment
- And much more! Filled with fascinating anecdotes about Cesar's longtime clients, and including forewords by the president of the International Association of Canine Professionals and Jada Pinkett Smith, this is the only book you'll need to forge a stronger, more rewarding connection with your four-legged companion.
Three Rivers Press (CA)
September 18, 2007
5.94 X 0.69 X 7.64 inches | 0.52 pounds
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Founder of the Dog Psychology Center in Los Angeles, Cesar Millan is the star of Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan on National Geographic Channel. In 2005, the National Humane Society Genesis Award Committee presented him with a Special Commendation for his work in rehabilitating sheltered animals. A native of Culican, Mexico, Cesar lives in Los Angeles with his wife, Ilusion, and two sons, Andre and Calvin. Melissa Jo Peltier, an executive producer and writer of Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan, has been honored for her film and television writing and directing with an Emmy and more than fifty other awards. She lives in Los Angeles and Nyack, New York.