Business Calculus Demystified
DescriptionPublisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Take the FEAR OUT of Business Calculus
Business Calculus Demystified clarifies the concepts and processes of calculus and demonstrates their applications to the workplace. Best-selling math author Rhonda Huettenmueller uses the same combination of winning step-by-step teaching techniques and real-world business and mathematical examples that have succeeded with tens of thousands of college students, regardless of their math experience or affinity for the subject.
With Business Calculus Demystified, you learn at your own pace. You get explanations that make differentiation and integration -- the main concepts of calculus -- understandable and interesting. This unique self-teaching guide reinforces learning, builds your confidence and skill, and continuously demonstrates your mastery of topics with a wealth of practice problems and detailed solutions throughout, multiple-choice quizzes at the end of each chapter, and a "final exam" that tests your total understanding of business calculus.
Learn business calculus for the real world! This self-teaching course conquers confusion with clarity and ease. Get ready to:
- Get a solid foundation right from the start with a review of algebra
- Master one idea per section -- develop complete, comfortable understanding of a topic before proceeding to the next
- Find a well-explained definition of the derivative and its properties; instantaneous rates of change; the power, product, quotient, and chain rules; and layering different formulas
- Learn methods for maximizing revenue and profit... minimizing cost... and solving other optimizing problems
- See how to use calculus to sketch graphs
- Understand implicit differentiation, rational functions, exponents, and logarithm functions -- learn how to use log properties to simplify differentiation
- Painlessly learn integration formulas and techniques and applications of the integral
- Take a "final exam" and grade it yourself!
Who says business calculus has to be boring? Business Calculus Demystified is a lively and entertaining way to master this essential math subject!
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Rhonda Huettenmueller has taught mathematics at the college level for more than 14 years. Popular with students for her ability to make higher math understandable and even enjoyable, she incorporates many of her teaching techniques in her books. Rhonda is the author of the enormously successful Algebra Demystified, College Algebra Demystified, and the upcoming Pre-Calculus Demystified. She received her Ph.D. in mathematics from the University of North Texas.