Powerful bladesmithing techniques for beginner, intermediate and advanced knife makers
Do you want to make your first knife but don't know where to start?
Does your pride in your bladesmithing skills motivate you to take them to the next level?
Do you want buyers to come begging to buy your knives?
Are you constantly inspired by popular bladesmithing TV shows, and want to improve and compare to the master bladesmiths present on them?
I, Wes Sander, will share the secrets of creating knives and swords that are easy to make yet strong and sharp.
Note: This book has 3 manuscripts in 1 book
Book 1: Bladesmithing: A Definitive Guide Towards Bladesmithing Mastery
Book 2: Intermediate Guide to Bladesmithing: Make Knives, Swords, and Forge Damascus
Book 3: Advanced Guide to Bladesmithing: Forge Pattern Welded Damascus Swords, Japanese Blades, and Make Sword Scabbards
If you want to learn how to make a knife and deepen your bladesmithing knowledge, then this book is for you.
In this book you will discover:
- The most cost-effective method to make your first knife
- How you can make your first sword, in just 17 steps, start to finish
- The 10 step method to forging a pattern welded Damascus sword
- 4 techniques that will 'reveal' the end grain texture of your Damascus knife
- How to forge, assemble, heat treat, and polish a Japanese sword
- The secret temperature to correctly temper your Japanese blade
- The #1 high-performance steel that you should use to make knives
- How to build a simple but effective forge
- A simple technique, used by master bladesmiths, that will prevent your blade from shattering, even if it's your first time making a knife
- How to set up a good working shop, without breaking the bank with expensive machinery
Here are the answers to some questions you might have about this book:
Q: I have never made a knife before. Can your book still help me to make swords and Damascus knives?
A: Yes. The steps laid out inside this book have been designed to guide even the person who has no experience making knives, so you can get started no matter what your skill level is!
Q: How is the author qualified to teach these bladesmithing techniques?
A: I, Wes Sander, am a bladesmith with several years of experience. I have forged many Damascus swords, knives, and katanas to effectively teach others how to do so.
Additionally, I have had the privilege to attend many BLADE conventions and other exhibitions to know the craft of other bladesmiths as well.
So yes, I would say I'm qualified to bring you results when teaching you how to make swords and knives.
Q: I don't have a lot of tools to start. Can I still make knives and swords using your book?
A: Only a few tools are required to start with this book. The rest you can make or acquire along your bladesmithing journey. The book even has a step-by-step guide to making your own forge. Even someone without a forge can start!
The number of ideas you can realise for your knives is directly related to your understanding of various bladesmithing techniques and the characteristics of different materials.
Get started before you find the perfect piece of stock steel, but are unable to forge it.
Take action now and buy this book!