- 12 full-color pages featuring 6 flaps
- Each spread features an interactive flap concealing a fun, unexpected and friendly character or hidden aspect for children to discover at their own pace
- Along with Alien Baby!, Bigfoot Baby! kicks off the Hazy Dell Flap Book series. Two more entries are scheduled for Fall/Winter 2020: Pumpkin Baby! and Yeti Baby!
- Bigfoot Baby is a nongendered character for every child to identify with (there are no gendered pronouns in the text)
- Indie and mass merch appeal: While delivering a quirky, imaginative aesthetic that appeals to the indie bookstore market, these flap books are concurrently primed for the mass merch market with a competitive price point, easy-to-grasp concept, and sturdy interactive flaps
- The day-long adventure models the excitement and joy of a young child starting to gain agency in a world full of wonder, developing the social confidence to interact with others outside of their family
- Appeals to parents who are enthusiastic about cryptids and monsters but want to offer their very young children an introduction to these creatures in a nonthreatening, non-scary way
- Reimagines the monster fun of the Hazy Dell Press Monster Series (ages 1-7) for a younger audience (0-4)
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Illustrator Meg Hunt is a celebrated and award-winning illustrator living in Portland, Oregon. In addition to illustrating all 4 Hazy Dell Flap Books, her past works include Interstellar Cinderella and Reading Beauty from Chronicle Books. Meg has won a Gold Medal from the Society of Illustrators and has had her illustrations featured in works published by Fantagraphic Books, Image Comics, Quarry Books and HOW Magazine.
*"Earthbound and charming." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
"[This] series of innovative lift-the-flap adventures...guarantee[s] endless fun for small hands and inquisitive minds. Durable, chunky pages...and cheerful rhymes complete the multisensory experience."-- Foreword Reviews
A Powell's Books April 2020 Pick of the Month