A Handbook of Chinese Healing Herbs: An Easy-To-Use Guide to 108 Chinese Medicinal Herbs and Dozens of Prepared Herba L Formulas
Daniel Reid (Author)
Backorder (temporarily out of stock)
DescriptionTraditional Chinese medicine is perhaps the oldest system of health care in the world--and one of the safest and most effective. This first easy-to-use pocket guide provides everything readers need to know to explore Chinese herbal medicine for themselves. The book includes: - A brief overview of the basic terms and concepts of traditional Chinese medicine.
- Simple instructions on how to prepare herbal formulas at home.
- An illustrated guide to 108 of the most widely used Chinese herbs, with descriptions, therapeutic effects, preparation methods, and dosages.
- A guide to dozens of readily available prepared herbal formulas for common ailments.
- An index of symptoms and ailments.
- Listings of mail-order houses for herbs, herbal formulas, and other supplies.
- Suggestions for further reading.
August 01, 1995
4.44 X 0.87 X 8.0 inches | 0.69 pounds
Earn by promoting books
Earn money by sharing your favorite books through our Affiliate program.Become an affiliate
About the Author
Daniel Reid is a leading Western authority on traditional Chinese medicine and Taoist healing practices and has studied and practiced Chinese medicine for over twenty years. He is the author of The Complete Book of Chinese Health and Healing (Shambhala, 1993, 1994).
"Daniel Reid's guide to over one hundred popular Chinese herbs and dozens of formulas will be greatly welcomed by those eager to uncover the wisdom of this extraordinary tradition of health care."--Harriet Beinfield, L.Ac., coauthor, Between Heaven and Earth: A Guide to Chinese Medicine